View Single Post
Old 08-29-2009, 09:32 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

A nice peice of jewelry was a great idea! Books are wonderful, but most girls in her age bracket are already surrounded by other girls who have walked there before her. A book would give her a chance to read in private, or even review.

AFTER the event has a day or two to get behind her, sit her down, and ask her if she has any questions. Tell her there is no "normal" some girls go 2 days, and others a full 7, and some even a full 9!" some are light, and some are heavy. I dont know how you feel about tampons, but I thought they were the BEST invention EVER! I felt so conspicious with those huge mattress pads between my legs. I felt like everyone could see them, and they felt awful, let alone once they started to stain, you felt dirty. Tampons were a huge relief for me, and made me feel like I didnt even have a period. I just needed to remember to change them. Please know that a tampon DOESNT break a hymen. The hymen MUST already be broken for blood to flow past with the first period.

It may just be comforting to her to know that a case of the grouchies or "PMS" is normal. To be grouchy is one thing, but even PMS is NOT an excuse to be rude. If she doesnt feel well, she should excuse herself from the activities and go lay down. Cramps are normal for some, and not every girl has cramps with every period. Advil is very effective against cramps because they work on the smooth muscle type pain, where as tylenol doesnt.

Congratulations! your little girl is becoming a woman. She may or may not feel like answering questions, or even listening to your advice, but if you get her a book, she can pick it up, if and when she wants to.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote