Thread: Vp shunt= sad
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2009, 04:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by erie View Post
Hi!!! I am soooo glad I decided to research my own problem before I had my gaall bladder taken out( they thought that must be where my pain was coming from). I had a VP shunt placed in January of '09 and woke up from surgery with horrible vaginal,rectal and abdominal pain.It has never gone away!! My head is doing great...but I seemed to have traded one problem for another!! I have been sick for 16 years with Pseudo Tumor and have been doin meds and spinal taps all this time. I finally moved to another state and changed neurologists...they were shocked at the amount of diamox I had been on for so many years and immediately scheduled my surgery. I have known something isn't right w my tummy since surgery but wasn't gettin anywhere. I stumbled on to this website when I decided to take matters into my own hands. Thank God!!! I called my doc and they logged on...case solved!!! They are going to shorten the tube and check it all out. I hope I can wait 3 wks...it seems to be getting worse daily and now I'm having blood in my urine and stool. I also have had a horrible time with my memory and often lose my train of thought when speaking..does this happen to anyone?? I have also bbeen experiencing neck pain and pain into my face that feels like nerve pain...it's awful!!!! Thanks everyone!!! We are all in this together!!!!
What dosage of diamox were you on? I have been put on diamox and they are hoping that will bring me back to normal rather than putting in a shunt. I started at 500mg a day, now i'm on 1000mg. I'd like to know what they consider a large dose. I get almost zero information from my neurologist.
miche27bbd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote