Thread: Acute MG
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2009, 05:20 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Being from Nebraska, I know what you mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesky View Post
I just want to say as a statistician that that 15% includes everyone (if I understand correctly) who dies of mg. And a lot of those deaths are probably people who had no idea they had mg until they went into a crisis and died. I can imagine that if you were in the middle of Nebraska or on a cruise ship in the middle of the sea or even in a city hospital where it took a few days for someone to come up with the idea of testing for mg that your chances would be much weaker. It's difficult at best to be treated for mg. To start from scratch in a crisis - that seems like a situation where someone could easly die. But Erin, you have the diagnosis, you know all the signs, you know when you're slipping and you have a great husband who knows to get the right kind of help and a great doctor who can and is willing to get you good treatment. I think that's going to change the statistics for you. You're not a random event. You have a lot of other factors going for you.

That being said, I agree with Annie. Talk to your neurologist, throw yourself into getting better. Take it easy, don't work (I know that is so, so hard!). Do whatever is necessary. The world needs Erin! Take very good care of yourself.

Bluesky
GI6607 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote