Thread: Acute MG
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2009, 05:27 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hey Erin,

I understand your worry...But I agree with what everyone's saying here...The 15% accounts for anyone with MG, not necessarilly specific to what catagory they've been placed in based on their symptoms...I think that anyone getting IViG or PLEX would be considered 'acute' on paper, but it doesn't mean that they're always acute, just that their MG might be in an acute stage...I think that it also helps to justify the treatments, maybe due to expense? Those treatments are used for people with moderate to severe MG, but they could also be used for people who aren't responding to other treatments, whose symptoms might not necessarilly mean that they're going to go into crisis, but are just persistent...

Don't worry too much, where it gets you down, like what Annie's saying...But do try to get a complete physical...You've prolly already done that...But don't give up...Something else might be going on that's making the MG worse...I know that for me, my MG's pretty bad right now too...I know that I have some other conditions making it harder to get completely well...It really helps to get everything figured out...

In the mean time, rest assured that you're not alone in this, and that you WILL get better....You just gotta unturn all the stones!

Nicky
Nicknerd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote