View Single Post
Old 08-29-2009, 09:42 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Diagnosis and another question

Mary,
My gosh that is terrible that you had a crisis during an eye exam and had to leave in an ambulance! I can say i was flat wore out by the time I got home Wed and slept for 2 hours afterwards. The field vision test was the worst! I literally could not hold my eye open anymore but she kept telling to try and focus. I wanted to scream "I'm trying!" I never dreamed it would have left my eye so droopy for so many days. I just keep hoping it will get better each day.

Joan marie,
What an incredible story you have! I can't imagine how scared you must have been. I am so glad to hear most of your symptoms are gone. That is wonderful! I am hoping I can say that someday soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanmarie63 View Post
I was actuallt DXed with generalized MG because after the birth of my son I couldn't hold him for more then 5 min at a time and preparing bottles would take over an hour and forget putting dishes away, then came the day in the store when I couldn't write a check. When I got home that night I couldn't walk up the stairs, I actually had to lay the baby on my lap and drag us up the stairs.

My OBGYN actually knew what it was and called a Neuro who gave me a tensilon shot and said ohhh yeah you have MG, he asked if I had double vsion and when I said I have had it since I was a child he was shocked the eye Dr. didn't find MG but I guess they didn't know much about it back then.

Today I suffer mostly just the double/blurry vision and only get weak all over when sick or very stressed.

I wish you luck with your MG and remember that no question is silly as we all have suffered one thing or another.
dog lover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote