View Single Post
Old 08-30-2009, 08:59 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

alffe, doody, LindaM, SeamsLikeStitches, Addy

Where else but here, SOS, can everyone share the experiences, their thoughts and feelings, no matter . . .

I think that I'm the only one of the family who knows the details of my grandmother's suicide. Then there was my first cousin's son and later my third cousin's son. That is one on my mother's side and two on my father's. Absolutely there is some type of gene or heredity at play -- why would all medical questionnaires include mental health issues?! I've wondered whether my family considers suicide a "choice," and that is why they refuse to talk about it. I'm considered the weak one, the one who is "weird and screwed-up."

I'm glad that I have the family here who listens and accepts me as I am and actually celebrates my survival, something my siblings don't even acknowledge.

(alffe) Michael is so proud of you. It won't ever make losing him any less painful to you, but your journey since his death is helping others to survive.
reyn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (08-30-2009), barbo (08-30-2009), GmaSue (08-30-2009), Nik-key (08-30-2009), wishnomore (04-11-2011)