View Single Post
Old 08-30-2009, 01:25 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi, Kendra. It's sort of shocking to realize how bad you can get so quickly with MG. I remember my first lesson on it and it really surprised me. The more you do, the worse MG gets. Kind of like the Richter scale for earthquakes! It can get exponentially worse the more you do. But, everyone is different and some people recover quickly while others don't for days.

Like Erin said, if you have breathing problems, swallowing problems or get overall weaker, you need to go to the ER. When MG gets worse, there's no telling how fast you can get even more worse. But don't panic! If you are getting worse but not to the point of not breathing well, you should call your neuro and get their advice. Always keep them in the loop.

I'm sorry you got so much worse after the eye tests. One thing you should know about the drops that eye doctors use is that they contain Atropine. It has the opposite effect of Mestinon and can make you weaker. I always get weaker afterwards, and not only my eye area muscles. It can drip into your throat and cause your swallowing muscles to be weak. It can also cause generalized weakness. So if they used drops, that may be another reason why your eyes were so bad.

I understand the doctors not wanting to treat you yet. In the meantime, stay out of the heat and take it easy.

I hope that helps. And I hope you get answers soon.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote