Thread: Depression???
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2007, 01:06 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Depression???

I have been away for several days and unable to take part in this forum because I have been oh, so sick!!! I have been so weak that it is hard just to turn over, or walk from one room to the next...and I have been thinking I am dying by the way I am feeling. At 5'6"ish, I have lost so much weight that I look anorexic, or something. I am now only 109 pounds. Mom was going to take me to the hospital, but I got her to take me to my neuro instead since he is the one who is trying to figure out this MS thing with me. I thought that perhaps it is a flare-up type of thing. He told me that I needed to go to my regular doc because it appeared to him that I was needing antidepresants...for depression. He said that everything that is happening could very well all be caused because of depression over MS. Guess that makes some kind of sense...though I am not sure how. Perhaps he is right. I do know that I cry over every little thing, and that both of my kids asked me why I am crying so much...over everything. Can depression do all of this????

Mom went to the store to get me things that I could just open and eat since food turns my stomach after only one bite, and cooking is out....things like crackers and canned cheese, fruit. So...now I am trying to get my body to accept food again.

Have 2 more tests to satisfy the doc's dx. One for the eyes, and one an MRI on my neck...then I go back to see him on the 11th. I have thought that getting a dx would be a relief...getting out of limbo. Could all of this really be just depression? Sounds stupid, but even THAT thought makes me want to cry. What in the h*** is wrong with me?????

sally
sallyb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote