View Single Post
Old 08-31-2009, 02:21 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I have been dealing with simular issues over the last couple of years. I'm glad you are seeing a surgeon soon and I hope they have some good news for you, but if you dont feel comfortable with their opinion, please get a second or third. Of course getting fixed up and off pain meds is everyones goal, but if you need them take them and dont feel rushed into surgury.

Pool therapy has probably been the best thing for me. Just getting the weight off your back and allowing it to loosen up is worth the trip to the pool. For me it appears I would need a three level fusion and my surgeon said that he wants me to try all other means first. I have come a long way just by lightly stretching and PT, I can now go out to a movie or dinner at a resturant and enjoy myself with little pain and I am able to work part time. It doesnt sound like much, but because just a year ago I wouldnt have been able to do this, I feel like I am doing very well.

I am also on ms contin, muscle relaxors and breakthrough meds. For me I am able to funtion well on them and it has had minimal impact on my family and work (pain is more of a factor here). I hope to be off them soon, but in the meantime I just do my best to make improvements and hope and pray for the best. Take care, and yes there are many many of us out there like you, your not alone and all you can do is embrace family and seek the best medical advice you can.
neednewback is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote