View Single Post
Old 08-31-2009, 04:59 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Weirdest EMG I have ever had .....

I got there and was seen by my old neurologist (stopped seeing him about 20 years ago - I have had epilepsy since birth so I have had a neuro all my life). From a previous rather odd encounter when I introduced myself and he said 'I recognised the name' he obviously knew it was me, but didn't acknowledge that in anyway. He was really grumpy, said I shouldn't have been booked into his clinic as I was double booked so he wouldn't have much time. I suggested we reschedule as I'd rather have a proper examination but he said it wanted to have a quick look.

Well his quick look involved my legs but as far as I know the problem is in a nerve in my back (I've been told this - my iliopsoas muscle does not work, and has shortened). So it was all rather pointless. All the same old stuff (muscles in my calves are very abnormal etc etc) but not really anything to do with my hip.

On my way back to work I pretty much decided that I am in no rush to follow it up. I am actually quite happy with my neuro's clinical dx of damage to a nerve going to my hip, and will see her again in a few months and will discuss it then. It doesn't change my treatment any and for me that is always the main thing.

It was rather weird though!

cheers

raglet
Raglet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitt (08-31-2009)