View Single Post
Old 08-31-2009, 09:37 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Esophageal dysmotility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan View Post
I know the question was not addressed to me, but I have been on Domperidone for gastric dysmotility - Gastroparesis (and associated oesophageal dysmotility) for about five months now and this has helped the nausea immensely. Now on Cisapride (Prepulsid) for the past one week and waiting to see if I improve enough to eat solid food.

However I feel that the oesophageal dysmotility has worsened in the past few weeks while still on the Domperidone (Motilium). Will discuss this with my GI doc at next week's appointment.

Interested to know how many FMS people are affected by oesophageal and gastric paralysis as opposed to the frequently touted IBS?
I believe I have esophageal or gastric dysmotility. I take Reglan for it, and it helps tremendously. I am just now exploring any neurological dx's and it is difficult to get to an out of town doctor as I can only drive in town and familiy is far away. I have recently seen negative things about Reglan on TV and have wondered if my bruxism is related to tardive dyskinesia. Thank you for your information about the Domperidone. I though Propulside was no longer on the market, but Prepulside may be different altogether. What is the nature of FMS? billie
billie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote