View Single Post
Old 08-31-2009, 10:41 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Nick Nelson, we salute you

Nick Nelson kindly and elegantly replied:
Bob,
Thank you for getting in touch via the Monkeys in the Middle website. Let me know if you have any trouble getting the book up there in Quebec.
I've just begun my third and final year of law school at the University of Virginia. Eventually I would like to return to journalism to bring to light stories like the one I tried to tell in Monkeys in the Middle. For the near term, I'll be practicing law in Dallas, Texas.
Thank you for your kind words. The book was truly a rookie effort, but I was glad to do it.
Best,
Nick
Nick Nelson
University of Virginia School of Law
Class of 2010

And I replied to him:
Nick,
So glad to hear from you. I got worried that your great effort wore you out; or that the perps had you legally cornered somewhere.
A rookie effort? Wow! A great accomplishment.
I put the cover of your book in Chapter 22 of my free on-line book (by the way, the book is open to you if you want to do a story about doing the story, or what you think about it today, or who you met doing the book….. or anything you want to write…) I bow down to you.
What was done to the Parkinson’s volunteers will not be forgotten - and your book makes sure of that. This story is not over.
With gratitude and admiration, we salute you.
Bob Dawson
Bob Dawson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote