Thread: Depression???
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2007, 04:04 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

I am so sorry to hear this, Sally. You have been such a trooper through all this diagnosing garbage.

I have been there, Sally, right where you are. I called my Neuro, who just happens to be a Neuro/Psych, and he started me on Buspar, right away. Depression, he says, is brought on by the MS.

The eating thing was the same for me, as well. I just had no desire to eat. My DH would bring home Pizza, fix me a martini and sit me down to play cards and eat. He was such a dear, and I would eat some of it, just to please him. I lost 65 lbs. But I needed to lose some weight, at the time.

Ask your Doc about Buspar. It's a good place to start, as it's an anti anxiety/depression med with the least side effects. It stopped working for me after a year and I had to go to Paxil, which I am still on. Buspar saved my life, no kidding.

Don't feel bad about it, I'll bet that 90% of PwMS are on some kind of AD. Anxiety and depression are a big side effect of MS.

I hope you feel better soon, Dear. I'm in your corner and saying a prayer for you right now.

(((((((((((Sally)))))))))))

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

~If The World Didn't Suck, We Would All Fall Off~
SallyC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote