View Single Post
Old 08-31-2009, 01:44 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billie View Post
Alcohol is contraindicated with narcotics. Is drinking important to you for social or other reasons? If not, it would be best to give it up. Overdose and other adverse effects are possible in any combination of psychoactive meds and alcohol, probably more so with narcotics. I had to give up drinking in 1990. The hardest part was dissassociating from "party" friends and resuming the pre-alcohol role of a shy person. Let me know how you are doing. billie
I'd never combine alcohol and narcotics. That's definitely not what I was asking! Also, since alcohol affects me negatively these days, I don't drink. Also, I've had no problems going to parties and being sober. It's really no different except that I'm a more coherent conversationalist now and I remember everything. I never did drink much anyway.

What I am asking: does having post-concussion syndrome affect the ability of the brain to process narcotic pain medicine, anesthesia, etc. like it does the ability to process alcohol? Can such things trigger similar relapses of symptoms including headache, dizziness, flat affect, cognitive problems, etc?
incircles is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote