View Single Post
Old 01-05-2007, 05:58 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default that WAS awesome !

WOw Thanks painfree for the , well, everything. Very interesting. I have my monthly appt on the 15th and will definitely ask the pain doc about this. I really hope he knows what I'm talking about ! He's a good guy and all and head of anestheseology at the only hospital within forty miles of here, but to be honest, his clinic seems to me to be more of script writing house than a get better place. Its a very very busy practice and I'm sure there alot of folks like me now dependant on the narcotic pain meds that were not when we first got there. On the other hand, I'm also sure there are folks like me who benefit enormously from those meds, so its a two edged thing. I'm glad for it and they're careful but I wonder as I'm finally sure others wonder too.
Thanks for the information, it will be utilized.
Shelley thats interesting about the doctor coming to PA sometimes. I haven't gone to the website yet but will. Thanks.
My son goes to school in Albany NY and two of his first year roomates are in a band called the Hills with two other college friends of his also and they all went to LA last summer to make their fortune. Jared served as his best friend, the lead singer and heart of the band ( as lead singers often are ) best friend, adviser, devils advocate. He also is a budding writer, and I must say, a very good one -not fatherly pride as I vision myself a writer trapped in someone else's life - but objectively viewed. He wrote some of their song lyrics and they've performed at some large LA venues, but I couldn't name them ! The band is still out there but we asked Jared to come back and complete another year of school while they tried to establish a real living and establish a real, paying job for him with them. So they have a manager now, have cut a CD and are begging Jared to come back but he's aman of his word and is finishing his year. But he is going back in the summer, mostly because he loved it out there and who could blame him. Y'know, I recall what it was like to have dreams and goals, and though I never got the chance to act on them, thats no reason not to support his - I'm jealous of him but boy I hope he attains them. HOpefully he will finish out there in your fine university system though I took a break myself and it seven years before I went back.
We'll see, he writes screenplays and that seems to be the most logical place to float them. Your offer is extremely generous to someone you don't know at all but maybe by the time he is ready you and I will know each other better. You can email me as well or tell me when you're on here and I'll see if I can't be on here as well. Thank you again.
Until later or another day......hiho hiho, etc
jonnyrocket is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote