Thread: PRAYERS Needed!
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2009, 05:25 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancyinLA View Post
I'm actually seeing an attorney on Monday eve.!! W.C. finally gettin' 2 me! pls say a prayer 4 me..... thks 2 all my NT friends!
Hi Nancy,
Glad you will have a professional handle your legal issues. If he doesn't have a lot of knowledge of RSD, RSDSA on the web has some good info. One thing-it has the McGill Pain Index On a scale of 1-50 , it lists RSD as 42-above amputation, cancer and child birth I hope you get some good physical therapy and massage therapy. I felt massage therapy was good for me, even though most health insurance doesn't pay for it. It helped desensitize me, which is critical in living life. Before I was diagnosed with RSD, I injured my hand and was misdiagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis-the delay in physical therapy-massage therapy cost me permanent partial paralysis. Thankfully I changed Drs. and was correctly diagnosed and started therapy the next day.
I have half use of my left hand, full use of both shoulders and full use of my right hand and both feet. Swimming has been one of my best friends in keeping mobile.
Hope you are being well cared for. Going back and reading reading reading a lot of posts will help you in the long run, getting good information, skills to cope with ongoing pain. a variety of distraction methods. Some that I use are music, scented candles, epsom salt baths, reading, journaling, calling friends, e-mailing friends, keeping in touch with fellow RSD frieneds. I love puzzles, I'm thinking of doing number paintings. I'm going to get a digital camera and put together some albums. These are all fun things-workwise- I need to get some coffee accounts to make up for ones we lost during the bad economy.I'm actually looking forward to that and getting more physical exercise
Please take care and let us know how you are! your friend, loretta soft hugs
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
nancyinLA (09-01-2009)