View Single Post
Old 08-31-2009, 06:40 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile helps w/ my knee

Hi Debbie. Sorry to hear that your knees are not doing so well. I have had problems with my left knee for 12 years now...ever since I got cleated and bad knees just run in my family anyway. My RSD started in my left knee and I feel the grinding and it pops at least once a day...but like everyone has said, you have to keep them moving. One of my surgeries had me in a straight leg brace for 6 weeks, so my knee healed straight and OMG was is ever painful to regain my range of motion...and I still don't have it completely back. I go to PT 3 times a week for my RSD and we work it and my hip out. They are very careful with me and help to sooth the tight muscles before and afterwards. Maybe some light PT would be good for you. I also take a lot of warm baths, they seem to help loosen my muscles, tendons and what not. Also, my mother swears by fish oil (the capsuls), she says that it helps with her arthitis, I ain't tried it, but like all people, I trust my mama Other than that I am not sure what to suggest, other than exercise bikes, it's a fluid, non-impact, flexible workout for your knees. I know that I can feel the "grinding" in my knee when I'm on it...but I also know that it is helping to keep it flexible. Hope any of this helps and that you have as painfree of a day as possible.
Penguin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
loretta (09-03-2009)