View Single Post
Old 08-31-2009, 10:55 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I can't remember where I got this for sure - but I think it was from the mg.org physician's reference. Much of this Annie already had in her post - - but forgive, I'm just retyping from my notes. Will try to find 'directions' to where I got this on the web and post later!

Under 'relatively contraindicated' it listed:
Procaine, erythromycin, gentamycin, neomycin, polymyxin, bacitracin clindamycin streptomycin. All but streptomycin 'may potentiate myasthenic weakness'.

Avoid iodinated contrast, magnesium salts (laxatives/antacids, calcium channel blockers, and neuromuscular blocking agents).

Then use with caution: lidocaine, mepivacaine, bupivacaine, prilocaine, morphine and derivatives, barbituates, metrondazole, tetracycline, vancomycin, and all the quinolones, Cipro - and all other floxacins.

Here's a scary thing - went to my dentist this week. Told him to update my chart with MG. He looked perplexed and I said my neuro said he should know cuz there were some --....'caines I could and could not have. He said he'd do some reading - never run into it before. Hey, at least he was honest!!

Sue
suev is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (08-31-2009), DesertFlower (09-02-2009), mrsD (09-01-2009), Nicknerd (09-01-2009), Pat 110 (09-01-2009)