Thread: Pcs?
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2009, 03:16 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

There is a bundle of nerves at the base of the nose, right where the upper lip ends. This bundle is very very sensitive.
In fact it is an Acupuncture site. If you poke it with your finger nail...you'll see how sensitive it is.

I read a book about veternarians once and in it there was a
recommendation that dogs that go into cardiac arrest during surgery (from the anesthetic reactions) for the surgeon to stimulate this area of the nose, to undo a cardiac arrest! In dogs at least, stimulation of that nerve bundle may restart their hearts.

It seems that you were hit in this area, and your symptoms may be due to temporary injury to those nerves. Nortriptyline is typically given for neuropathies.

If that tooth continues to hurt...do check with your dentist.
Some injuries to the face may damage the nerves of the teeth.
I know a gal who was hit in the face and both her front teeth died and she had to have root canals and crowns put on them.

I hope this resolves for you quickly, in any event. The nortriptyline takes up to month to get working on neuropathies.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hockey (09-01-2009)