View Single Post
Old 01-05-2007, 10:03 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsd View Post
I think this is an example of the aggressive style Pfizer uses to get what they want. .................Zetia is most likely up there in tier two, just because it is a "brand name".........Putting Zetia in tier two, is not a denial of coverage. In a denial, you can get prior authorization, to cover a noncovered item. It is slightly possible you could get prior auth for changing tiers, but I have only seen this a few times ...............Since Zetia is still covered, you would have to check with your insurance company to see if any recourse in price is available to you.

It is a bummer, I know.

Yup! It is a bummer!
I'm sure that if I got my doc to state that I cannot take statins, my ins. co. would say :
"Fine, than pay up for what you can take- the brand name.
Sorry you have bad s/e but that's why we still cover it -
only it'll cost you more"
I think that I'll have just wasted a half day on the phone just trying to get to the right person to speak to (after being denied, and having to ask to speak to a supervisor's supervisor). I'm sure they make it that way, just to discourage people from getting what's rightfully thiers. What P.O.'s me is that my ins premium has jumped to over $100 more a month, from Dec '06 to Jan '07, and then I get this letter saying that even my Rx will cost more.
Its only $10.00 more per month for the script (from $20.00 to $30.00), but its the principle of the thing.
Ya know whaddamean, Vern?