View Single Post
Old 09-01-2009, 01:23 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Just back from XCell-Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by varghese View Post
I have parkinsons and am going for therapy in September.Wish you good luck.
I will be grateful if you will share with me any relevant information.
chirakal varghese.
My husband and I just came back from the XCell Center on August 31st. Some muscles in his lower bottom area are still sore for some reason. The actual procedures went very smoothly. They took out 20 viles of bone marrow on Tuesday and he had no side effects. Then they injected over 6 billion cells on Thursday. The Thursday procedure was less painful than the Tuesday procedure because they used a larger needle on Tuesday to take out the bone marrow. After the initial puncture though, he did not feel anything and he was relaxed.

On Thursday he had to rest at the hospital for 3 hours after the procedure. He had a slight headache the next morning but it went away later in the day. The next 3 days he took it easy and we walked around when he felt like it. On Monday we flew back to the USA.

My husbands procedures have had very little side effects on my husband, but the teenager in the bed next to him had an extremely bad headache for the 3 hours we were waiting and he still had it when we were leaving. The young boy was in such pain that he could hardly handle it. He was throwing up when we left.

Now for the all important question ... did it do anything for my husband? There are no immediate results that I can see. The soreness in his bottom is keeping him from bending very much. If he bends too far, he gets a sharp pain. It has only been 4 days since the procedure, it will probably take time before we see results. We are trying to start a rehab program to re-build and re-train his muscles. He is very thin, and has had a lot of muscle atrophy because of Parkinson's.
vhello2u is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote