Thread: botox into neck
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2009, 02:42 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshadow View Post
I had botox done to neck, shoulder blade area and a little on forearm. 3 times now. Each time, it took about a week to feel relief. (It just freezes the spasming by the toxin in it.) It lasts about 3 months - but that's with the best time at 1 1/2 month - because it comes on slowly and goes off even slower.

I noticed after botox came on (you'll notice relief) that then I felt the other areas / muscles that were so painful - so it was very helpful and I'd do it again, but it just relieved my pain about 30 * to specific areas injected.

Injections are nothing - at their worst they are a quick bee sting - my doc and I used to yodle to get through them like a joke...just because I was nervous.

warning - no one knows yet what the long term use of botox does in the body. It is a toxin. It is only effective for about 6 times, then the body does not respond. WhY? One must ask...
Point well taken. I couldn't agree more. They don't know what these tests, treatments and procedures are really doing to our bodies, to the full extent, microscopically. Be a better guardian for your good health.

It's hard to give up old habits. I'm pretty stubborn about giving up things that are bad for me. Oh, how I love my Pepsi. I need to give it up. I'll have to pray hard about that one. Can't do it on my own. I do know better.

I had Botox X3. It did help. I think even today I can see results from those injections. When I drive 45 min+ one way and back home (90 min for the day), my scalenes will tend to swell. The next day they're tight but give up their grip and then they're flabby the next morning. I noticed that became a pattern after my bilateral botox X3 occurred, which that's okay by me. Flab instead of tight is great!!!!!!!

My nurse sister don't know what to think. Can't figure that one out. I tell her and yet she just flaps them back and forth and says "hum."

(Broken Wings) is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote