View Single Post
Old 09-13-2006, 03:21 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Question Do your feet ever feel as if they are slipping, when they aren't really?

I have some peripheral neuropathy, which actually is way better since I had a huge amount of vitamin B12 after I completed a round of Metronidazol for the tetanus I had.

But, the thing is when there is stress, and there's so much of it, I have a lot of trouble with the feeling in my feet.

If you have peripheral neuropathy, do you ever get that feeling that your foot is slipping out from under you, when actually it's on the ground and not moving at all?

That feeling causes me to lose my balance when I try to catch my balance... it's hard to explain.

In the house, where I can quickly lean toward the hallway wall or catch hold of a cabinet or table I'm not so bothered. But when it happens outside I break out into a cold sweat (I get sort of shivering cold and I also am sweating). It's so scary. (because my feet don't feel secure, and I keep feeling as if I'm falling, you know that feeling when you first lose your balance when you are falling.)

But it doesn't happen all the time.

So I don't carry a walking stick all the time, because I often am carrying plants or garden things.

How do you deal with this... or don't you ever experience these feelings in your feet?
kavitav0139 (11-12-2015)