View Single Post
Old 09-02-2009, 04:59 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default The evils of chiropractors

I chimed in on the thread re; massage, and how beneficial it was for me, giving me some relief, albeit for only hour or so.

I didn't want to go to a spa, and it took awhile through one of my doctors to find a theraputic massage setting. Alas, it was part of a chiropractic practice.

For me, chiropractors are quacks. I've no respect for their endeavors (dentists mock their MCAT scores). But after seeing the massage therapist for a few weeks, which I was paying for, I was informed I needed to see one of the chiropractors for insurance purposes.

So I had a consultation, where I started to go in to detail about the horrors of my nervous system, but the guy had no idea what I was talking about. Before this, the first red flag was that all the doctors were called by their first name, as in 'Dr. Ken'. Seriously.

He wanted to 'just take a look at me' as part of the consultation, which was right before my scheduled massage. Sure, but I said don't do anything, as there was a danger here.

Like an idiot, I laid on my stomach on his table - why, I still don't know - and he did one of his cracking/pulling moves, causing instant, intense pain. My angry 'What are you doing?' stopped any further chiropractic benefits acruing, and I was left with burning, a conflagration in the base of my spine.

That was four weeks ago. The pain has gone down maybe a notch since then, and now I've had to add a healthy dose of methadone every day to the pile of daily pills.

My question (pardon the rambling) is, has anyone had anything like this, feckless chiropractors causing a flare (I hope it's just a flare), and if so, for how long?

OK, thanks.

-- Dennis
dshue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote