View Single Post
Old 09-02-2009, 07:30 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I have to agree with Sherrie. Like you, I always felt that Chiropractors were quacks. To hear someone claim that they can fix internal organ diseases by adjusting your frame is simply unconceivable.

Then, my wife had a legitimate need to see one – she had a spine that was out of alignment – and she went to a Chiropractor recommended by our Internist. This Chiropractor is wonderful. She practices a gentle method of chiropractic treatment. That is, no cracking and yanking.

I went to see her when I had some shoulder pain and she spent quite a bit of time discussing my over-all condition. Not only did she know more about RSD than many “real” doctors I have run into, but she also went out of her way to do some more research so she could know how to treat me.

After several visits, she finally told me that there was nothing more that she could do. I appreciate her honesty and for stating up front that there are limits to what a Chiropractor can do. How refreshing to find a doctor who knows his/her limits and will admit to them.

Don’t give up on the entire field of chiropracty

Mike
bassman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hockey (09-02-2009), suz66 (09-04-2009)