View Single Post
Old 09-02-2009, 11:20 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hi Sandralee

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I also have one treated and one untreated aneursym. Be sure to have your surgeon explain all your options to you and why he recomends any specific action. My untreated aneursym is 10mm & on the carotid behind my eye. Since my carotid aneursym is located where it probably won't cause a stroke if it ruptures, I have no symptoms, and there were complications after my clipping I just am having it monitored to make sure it's not growing. At first I thought about it all the time. Now I rarely do. Of course I'm not going around lifting heavy weights. They say an aneursym has about a one in hundred chance of rupturing a year. I figure if I live another 33 yrs that's a 1 in 3 chance?? I'll rethink things if I start having pain or it grows. They found my aneursyms after I had a MRI for facial drooping which ended up being Bell's Palsey. Was your headache due to this second aneursym? Do you still have pain? Is your aneursym well away from your brain? Let us know what you find out. They found my brain aneursym right after carotid while I was still in shock over learning about the first one. It must really stink to go years and then find another one popped up. Anyway go armed to the doctor with questions. It is always easier to deal with things once you know where you stand. Big Hug............Sarah
sarahin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote