View Single Post
Old 09-02-2009, 02:02 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hello

Hi SDFencer,
What a crummy course of events. Like you I had the surgery and am in "the watch" mode on an aneursym. That's where we part company. I had a brain aneursym that has been clipped. It appears to be permenently fixed, but after reading your post I have my fingers crossed. I'm watching a 10mm carotid aneursym. I've had mixed medical advise on getting it treated, but was consistly told to have it clipped if it grows or I develop symptoms. You are definitely in a tighter spot, but I have some idea how you must feel. At first I thought about a rupture constantly. I do avoid heavy lifting or things that would raise my blood pressure. I don't know how it goes with you but I have gone from fearing my future, to being glad to still be walking the earth, and back again when I start dwelling on things.
Seems like it's becoming a judgement call of risk vs benefit as far as your surgery. It sounds as if you have a good doctor. Ask a lot of questions . I had my surgeon describe what I could experience if mine ruptured and, even though I found out it would be bad, it made me feel much better. I don't do well when I just start wondering. You can't deal with facts until you know them. Guess knowing them made me feel better mentally prepared. Hopefully some one who has had a similar aneursym rupture will answer your post. They may be able to give you a better idea on what might happen- I assume head/neck pain. You have my sympathy for this on going mess you have with that artery and being stuck in limbo for another year. It must stink- to be polite. Vent here as needed.
sarahin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote