View Single Post
Old 09-02-2009, 05:00 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

hi all. just checking in. hope you're all ok.

i had my 1st pool therapy today. just about an hr. i did ok with the temperature. and i got in and out ok. by the time i was done i felt like a wet noodle. i sat in the lobby and cooled off for about 10", then went to lunch.

then a haircut and home to bed. i wouldn't have done the HC but i was having trouble scheduling an appt.

massage tomorrow. pain very reasonable.
gained 5, lost 5, gained 7, lost 2.5. what else is new?
still managing to walk 15". great for me.

did i tell you my friend's little long haired miniature daschund had to be put to sleep? my poor friend is a basket case. she's had these 2 little sister dogs 14 1/5 yrs. they've never been apart. streudel got diarrhea and had a UTI and was on meds. she had been to the vet last wk. then, at 0100 sunday she woke jan up and was having trouble breathing.

she rushed both the girls to the vet. they took an x-ray and she had a big mass in her throat. a CAT scan would have been $1000 and jan wasn't going to put her thru surgery anyway. so they started an IV and jan had to put her to sleep right away; she was so air hungry. what a shock.

she's afraid of going to work for 13+hrs and leaving sophie alone all that time. she has to work the entire wk/e. we worked in the same unit. anyway, i told her i'd take sophie this wk/e if she thought it would help. poor thing. she's only 5lbs and hasn't been eatiing a whole lot. if jan lost sophie too she'd just be beside herself. so please say a prayer for them both.
You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
--------------------------------------
"DESIDERATA" by Max Ehrmann
NurseNancy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SandyC (09-03-2009)