View Single Post
Old 01-05-2007, 12:31 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Abbie,

I am late to this thread, so I don't know if my idea will help at all, but a thought popped into my head when I read your post...

Would it be possible to call the local school bus company and ask them if they have any drivers who have a day off who would be willing to volunteer their time to drive your car for you?

School bus drivers are usually very good drivers and the vast majority of school bus companies do criminal background checks and all that stuff - so calling them to ask for a volunteer could help find a good driver who is a safe and responsible person. Another thought would bo a local cab company - again asking for a volunteer to drive your car for you (or even asking specifically for a female volunteer if you would be uncomfortable with a strange man).

I know it's an unusual idea, but there are good people in the world who would be willing to volunteer their time and energy, and calling the school bus company or even the cab company might help you to find a good person who is also a good driver who would be willing to volunteer their time and energy.

Take care,
Liz
Wittesea is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote