View Single Post
Old 09-02-2009, 07:36 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

I'm sorry you had that experience, though not surprised. Give her a break. Most people don't know about contraindicated meds for MG. Be careful with the Quinolones. They can make someone with MG worse. I can take Biaxin, for example, but some other MGers can't. A lot of times it's trial and error with drugs.

I have a primary doctor. It's essential! Neuros only do MG stuff, sometimes physical therapy stuff. My neuro has a PT dept. in the office. I also have a pulmonologist because they manage the breathing aspect of MG. When my MG gets worse, I'll often see her before my neuro.

Have you looked up the offices that are close to you? Is there anyone around there who can recommend a primary to you? Even a primary doc may need educating about MG. You could always bring in a list to a new doctor and politely present it to them. Some doctors don't like it when patients give them info! Silly doctors.

I hope you will get more help if you get worse, especially your breathing. Hope you feel better soon.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote