View Single Post
Old 09-02-2009, 09:02 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Heart

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome! I missed you all
So to fill you all in on my crazy year.....When we last saw hulagrl she was struggling with an unsupportive husband who wanted to separate and pursue his dreams. Hulagrl moved home to be with her parents and decided to get a divorce. Before any of this could take place unsupportive husband was diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer and hula went home to care for him.
Fast forward to June 2008. Unsupportive husband passed away and once again I moved back to my parents but this time I bought a little house. I also joined an online widow support group. One day I was on the discussion board and posted a question about dating with MS and a scooter. Most people gave me the standard answer,"It won't matter to the right person...." but one man really thought about the question and wrote me a very thoughtful reply. We started chatting and PMing, then emailing and one day he asked for my phone number. Once we started talking on the phone we found out how much we had in common and decided to meet. He drove all night from Texas to help me move into my new house and when he rang my doorbell at 5AM it was love at first sight for both of us. By the end of the week we knew we wanted to be together.That was a year ago and we got married in January. My MS isn't an issue for him and he loves me for me. I've never been so happy
It has been an eventful 2 years but I have grown so much and learned that I am much stronger than I ever imagined. My life today is such a gift and while I hate my MS I understand that it is an inconvenience that I can deal with. OK a BIG pain in the *** ( I bought my first Depends today) but know I'm strong enough to deal with whatever the MonSter throws at me.
You all supported me through some very tough times and I love you for that! I'm so glad I found you!!!!!
hulagrl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ewizabeth (09-02-2009), Freesia38 (09-03-2009), Koala77 (09-02-2009), msarkie (09-02-2009), PolarExpress (09-07-2009), SallyC (09-03-2009), SandyC (09-03-2009), soxmom (09-03-2009)