Thread: I'm baaaaack!
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 03:03 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hi Becky

Thanks for the message.

Sorry you aren't doing too well at the moment.

Lp's are awful, I hope the experience wasn't too bad.

I have a friend on another forum who had a negative SFEMG, after a positive one years earlier and was told she was in remission, despite the symptoms worsening. I don't really have much faith in SFEMG's, I can not understand why Drs have so much faith in them, when there are so many variables that can affect the result. Such as the experience of the operator, the temperature of the room, the meds you have taken etc etc. A Dr did research on the actual reliabilty of all tests concerned with MG - Michael Benatar, published May 2006 and all of them proved a lot less reliable than the figures quoted at us by Drs. Basically there is an issue with the way they test the reliability of the tests and the methodoligy they use. Can any Dr say a test is 100% accurate, that would mean no case of MG is ever missed, if its 99% positive that means one case out of 100 is missed.

Unfortunately in this day and age of technology too many Drs are not prepared to trust their own judgement and rely on tests to do that for them. Whats more likely you have a MG flare or you have another condition causing the same symptoms you have with MG?

Hang in there and I hope that you start to feel better soon. Its so lovely to hear from you.

Love
Rach
rach73 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ras1256 (09-03-2009)