View Single Post
Old 01-05-2007, 01:07 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I also had it done, on the right. Was abt a 20-minute procedure, and I had a wonderful hostess in Denver, so managed outpatient. Then flew to PA 2 days later and juggled/shuffled bag, x-rays and coat in line at the security checkpoint for an hour - absolutely in AGONY time we boarded (The plan was for a consult only, no surgery according to Dr A, so made appts to see Dr T and Dr Schwartzman in PA after, then fly home, save one flight leg and some cash. As with most careful planning....:icon_wink: )

Anyway, it was a tradeoff in ways. The lifting, pulling and carrying I can't do anyway because the RSD makes it too painful unless the item is light - one of our 7-month-old kittens is getting past my limit, he's such a chub! What I really noticed for some months was more pain and imbalance around the scap, because the pec minor attaches to the top of the scap, and now that "anchor" was detached. After several months it became better, or I adapted, or both. I do still have as many t.p.'s in the trap and cervical area, and get headaches if I don't limit computer time, but I'm better at massaging the worst of the tension out myself. And the spinal cord stimulator has brought the pain in the arms and hands way down, just as long as I don't overdo.

With surgery the first week of November and not allowed to do much til middle of December, I overdid it just getting a very minimal Christmas together this year. Next year I think I'm going to pay a college student to help out with decorating and shopping and sending cards and packages - just can't do it myself, but not Christmas without it.

Happy New Year Ann! And best wishes to you Wylie!

beth
beth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote