View Single Post
Old 09-13-2006, 03:29 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahlek View Post
I've tried to be soo careful..and well, wham! I really did it to myself! I was taking almost 700 mg between the super-multi and a b-complex. Since I've stopped, I'm feeling better, with the gravelly/tingle stuff on the fingertips and a bit of extra somethings in my insteps.
I really can't think what was going on in my mind! I think I was so focussed on the B-1 & 12's that the rest of the brain went into outer space.
I have to ask tho, why didn't the Docs notice this? I list all this stuff on my meds sheet [updated whenever there's a change...& its lengthy]. There are notes in my records questioning asorbtion problems..maybe I just thought It wouldn't get taken into the system...
Besides you folks, is a nutritionist one to formulate the perfect combo? I'm beginning to feel scattershot in my approach. When I'd thot I was methodical.
Soo, I guess I've got to re-read all the vitamin stuff I've ever learned [& hopefully BT stuff] soon.
What an adventure! Thank you all! - j
Wow, that is really a lot.

I was posting on a forum where a fellow from Norway (or Denmark, I forget) was saying that B vitamins are dangerous. I kept disagreeing. But then I read the study he was referring to and saw that it was one I had mentioned on my site when it came out because it said that B vitamins weren't any help in lowering homocysteine levels.

So I read the study and low and behold they were giving huge huge amounts of B6 and just the smallest, most miniscule amount of B12. They had more folic acid in the doses, if I remember correctly, than they had B12... and Folic Acid disguises B12 deficiency.

That study got evening news coverage... and none of the coverage was accurate about what had actually been administered, and what the actual effects were for the specific vitamins that were administered.

It just made me so angry...

Well, thanks for this chance to vent!!!!!!

Here's the link to my page talking about the study:
http://health-boundaries-bite.com/B1...t-Attacks.html

Last edited by ConsiderThis; 09-13-2006 at 03:39 PM. Reason: to include link to more about NORVIT study --
ConsiderThis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote