View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 02:26 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbiehub View Post
Thanks for all your suggestions! I will keep it moving in the water. I do take fish oil...This whole thing just stinks! Feel like I am in a nightmare and can't get out!!- as I am sure you all do too!

Deb
Hi Deb,
I'm so sorry about your knee problems. I know how scary that must be.
I had frozen shouldler (RSD) after an operation. Like you said, PAIN to get motion back. Then went to other shoulder-more therapy (torture) Then my hand, wrong diagnosis and didn't get started with therapy soon enough, so have permanent partial paralysis. I know now how important it is to keep moving. Something I did on my own before physical therapy was to have massage therapy. I had an hour just before the pt. I really believe it helped me get my range of motion in moth shoulders completely back. I'm so grateful. I have half paralysis in left hand. But I deal with full body now. When my toes started curling up, my Dr. had me to dailey exercises in the pool to get range of motion back. IT WORKED I'm so grateful. toes touch the ground now. You can also do this in the bathtub or foot bath It was the swimming though that really helped me get my toes straightened out.
I have not used this, but am going to have some made up. It's compounding pharmacy mix up lidocaine, ketamine, and a couple other ingredients. When I find the receipe, I'll post it. My Dr. said he would order it for my joints
Please don't give up. I know a lot of us are afraid of losing our mobility,
but the longer we can keep it the better. Michael J Fox with Parkinsons Disease just wrote a book, "Always Looking Up" I'm going to get it. It's about his coming to terms with this disabiling disorder. He hid it for a long time.
But now is trying to help find a cure and just help others with it to learn how to accept it and make the best of it.
That's the part that is hardest for me, I've really had set back and am in so much pain, but trying to keep mobile and positive. Take care of yourself, your friend, loretta soft hugs
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote