Thread: Driving !!
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 02:30 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

God bless you, Sally, for making that hard, but right, decision!

The only issue I have with driving is the fatigue and cognitive slowness that comes with it. If I'm tired, I don't drive. Period. And I avoid congested areas that involve traffic coming at me from all directions, or multi-lane highways, just in case.

I've not had any close calls, but if ever think for a minute that I'm not safe to be on the road, I will quit. I might weep and wail and bang my head against the wall, but I will quit. And just in case I take leave of my senses, I've made my daughter promise to do whatever she has to do to stop me if I shouldn't be on the road.

I am terrified when I hear people who KNOW they shouldn't be driving say that they "only drive near home" or "go really slow". I can't imagine how awful it would be to have to give up my license and the independence that goes with it, but it wouldn't be as awful as killing someone.

**My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. (Psalm 73:26)
Blessings2You is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
braingonebad (09-06-2009), DM (09-11-2009), ewizabeth (09-10-2009), SallyC (09-03-2009)