View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 05:08 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Default Flair? or over reaction?

First, let me say I took my 2 week copaxone break, and went back on this stuff kicking and screaming, and will break down and cry if someone tells me that I caused this by taking a break.

Once or twice a year, I get this weird tugging, sensation in my intestines just under my right rib cage. many MDs through the years have said "come see me when it happens again" I call, and they say "we can see you in two week." its gone by then. The new AlaCarte MD said "come in today!" so, in I trudge. I feel like i have to lean to the left, and I cant explain it any better than to say, I feel like my liver is trying to flip over. He was impressed with the size of the muscle that was standing out on the ridge where my liver sits. After careful palpation he said he doesnt think its my liver, but...off to CT scan I go. Negative! off to Xray I go. Negative! blood work all negtive incl LFTs and CBC except small rise in platelets which is normal for me.

I normally can have that tug feeling under my rib cage, but once or twice a year WOWIE! it literally feels like my liver is trying to flip. All those who have been pregnant, and remember the feeling when the baby swooped, and rolled over? I keep expecting that to happen to my liver! anyway, After much poking, and some careful questions by the ala carte MD he said he can find nothing truly wrong, and found it bizarre. He has schedule me to see a surgeon in the AM "just in case" He also said "do you think this could be an MD thing for you?" Huh?! Not one MD has EVER said that this may be MS related....why didnt I think of that?

So, cast your votes now! what is your opinion. Btw, you should know I just got over an ear infection, and was and still am running a low grade fever, which always makes me feel poopy. I dont normally run a temp when this silly thing happens.

This has been happening for at least 10 years, and each year its a lil more intense than the year before. it will leave in a few days or up to two weeks is my record, and then...it will be quiet till next time.

Has the fever caused me to lose my mind? did I have one to start with? it wasnt a long trip to lose it...anyway....

It is 24 hours a day without break.

What is this? Is it MS?

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (09-04-2009)