View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 09:57 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Angry radio frequency ablation

Two wks ago I had an IME for wc and the rsd in my hand/arm/shoulder. That dr asked if RFA was ever discussed and I said no. I had 6 stellate ganglion blocks and got about 10 days of relief. Today I saw my pm Dr today and we discussed the RFA. He said it's what the IME feels would be the next logical step. My dr says that he hasn't seen a very high success rate. He also said that I could get the same side effects that I had from the blocks (Horners syndrome) but that it could last for months. Basically he gave 3 scenarios;1. It doesn't work and I end up with the continued pain AND Horners syndrome for however long. 2. I get relief but end up with Horners for however long or
3. Nothing happens, no change or relief. There is also a chance that I could get the relief with no Horners but he feels that given the dramatic side effects that I had with the blocks that I would most likely get them with the RFA also. I don't know if I could handle horners for a long time, not sure how my kids would handle it.

I don't know what to do. I'm managing on Cymbalta and Lyrica right now. I guess I am getting used to the pain but I am always so tired.I can't even cry anymore (geez, I used to cry every 5 miniutes), I am just so mad now. I just don't know what to do now. Wish this were just a nightmare and my life were back to normal.
stressedout is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote