View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 11:32 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Austin---
Just know that you are not alone. We all have different circumstances, but one thing each one of us DO have in common is the common thread of RSD and/or Chronic pain.

I am not as young you, I am still "fairly young" (mid 20's). I do have a supportive spouse, however, due to his job, he's often away from home and out of countact for over 8 months a year, so, I do do most of "it" on my own. All my family and friends are out of the area. Like you, I am still in search of a good pain management physician and one who is familiar with RSD/CRPS. My neurologist is extremely knowledgable in it, but prefers to to treat my epilepsy and other neurological issues, vs pain management (my diagnosing neurologist did do pain management, but I have since moved) . I know its a daunting task to feel like you are tryin to take care of everything and wear many different hats all at once, and then you add pain into the mix and its even more frustrating. Some days I feel lucky if I get 50 % of my "to do list" done, lol . I have my good days and my bad. But, the things that get me through are my faith and knowing that people do care about me and support me. Laugh A LOT (even if its just the kind of laughter where you tell yourself "if I don't laugh I'll cry, and I really don't think crying will do me too much good).

The point of my post to you, is don't give in and don't give up. Things may seem hard and may be hard, but we all have challenges and obstacles to deal with and overcome. Hang in there !

L2L
love2laugh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (09-04-2009), Dew58 (09-07-2009), SandyS (09-08-2009)