View Single Post
Old 09-04-2009, 05:50 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Help is near

You are not going crazy. In fact, it would be unusual for people with brain injuries NOT to see their relationships and work deteriorate. Anger, emotional upset and lack of inhibition are also common due to frontal lobe damage. People in car crashes often don't like to drive afterwards. It's Post Traumatic Stress and needs treatment by a psychologist.

I hear your frustration over your lack of timely access to medical treatment. There are a few things you can do:
1. Get into the queue now – everyday you wait is one day longer you’ll wait for treatment
2. Tell the doctor about the blindness: severe symptoms will get you bumped up the list.
3. Go to a hospital causality ward, tell them your experiencing intermittent blindness and refuse to leave until they give you an MRI! They do emergency ones.
4. Your solicitor should be able to expedient or even arrange treatment and testing. In many instances, they’ll pay for a private MRI, etc… and take it out of your future settlement.

On the litigation front, please tell me that you have an excellent solicitor. Do not face the insurance company alone. If it’s their doctors your seeing, they’re job isn’t to help you, it’s to say your fine notwithstanding your real condition. Call your lawyer now and tell him/her to get off their bum and get your medical treatment in gear. They will: they want to win the case. If you don’t (God forbid) have a solicitor, I guarantee, that with your symptoms, they’ll be fighting each other to take you on.

Here we are telling you what to do and I’m sure it’s making your head spin. We’re not trying to beat you up here: WE UNDERSTAND THAT LACK OF INITIATIVE IS A MAJOR SYMPTOM OF BRAIN INJURY – AND YOU’VE GOT THAT ONE IN SPADES. You desperately need to act but, understandably, you’re finding that nearly impossible.

Fortunately, there is help close at hand. All you have to do is pick up the phone and call Headway UK. The group is a charity designed to HELP the brain injured. Here’s the contact info:

Toll Free Telephone Number: 0808 800 2244
Email: helpline@headway.org.uk

There is even a local chapter that meets right in Swansea!
Telephone: 01792 473602
Email: headwayswasea@hotmail.co.uk

Please contact Headway and let us know how you get on.

Good Luck
Hockey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dew58 (09-04-2009), Dmom3005 (09-07-2009), Enigmatise_1981 (09-04-2009), pearl girl (09-04-2009)