View Single Post
Old 09-04-2009, 06:27 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default the strangest thing happened

this is a bit odd, i'll keep it brief.

i have a work colleague on facebook who commented that she was excited as she was planning to write to/penpal someone on death row.
her friends joined in saying 'wow, cool and groovy, what a great thing to do yadda ya...
one said that he would ask the inmate how he felt knowing the exact day he was going to die.
one said he would like to 'bring joy to someone in his last days'

now bearing in mind a couple of weeks ago she bigged up a campaign against the leniant sentence of baby p's murderers, i was quite shocked by it all.

i know each to their own and all that but when i mentioned their victims don't have penpals, and why don't they use their time more constructively with amnesty international for example, i was accused of having a ****** ** view of the world.
Obviously they only intend to write to the innocent ones, who need comfort in their final days...

Oh i give up. it hit a nerve with me and i'm annoyed by it. i know i'm overreacting but would they ask a dying cancer patient how they feel to know when they're going to die?
and the fact that innocent people are executed daily in other countries is by the by- that's their fault for violating the laws of their country. (Executed for talking to a man for example).

It's a bit strange for me. i've gone as far as deleting her off my facebook. i can't take the negative vibes. Is it me ???
i know i'm taking it personally but i don't think i'm a mean person.

cookies and a glass of wine if you got this far...

Last edited by Chemar; 09-04-2009 at 07:09 AM. Reason: NT guidelines
pud's friend is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
braingonebad (09-06-2009), Dejibo (09-04-2009), SallyC (09-04-2009)