View Single Post
Old 09-04-2009, 08:10 AM
Senior Member (jccglutenfree)

15 yr Member
Senior Member (jccglutenfree)

15 yr Member

Hi Jane...

I'm not really sure, but I think when taking on an empty stomach... you should be able to eat within 20-30 minutes. But, I'm not absolutely sure. I just tried googling up the answer, and get anything from 15 minutes to 1 hour. I'd settle on 30 minutes, I guess. I've never paid much attention to this recommendation .

1000mcg daily for 3 months and then taking a level seems like a good plan. It took about six months for me to reach around 900. I seemed to come up about 300 points to 650 on the first check (at 8-12 weeks, can't remember), and then up to 900 on the second check (at around the six month mark) on regular old cyanocobalamin that I took initially. You are starting with a lower B12 level....but with a better form of B12. Checking every three months is a good idea until you reach upper range. And of course, then you have to continue to take it to maintain it... for the rest of your life.

Keep us posted with how you are doing. I hope you will begin to seem some early signs of improvement within a month or so....

jccgf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote