View Single Post
Old 09-04-2009, 08:22 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I used to write to an inmate on death row -- years ago. Was a homicide, in TX, I believe. According to inmate, he'd been an accomplice, not the gunman. May or may not have been true. However, he didn't seem to feel that he was unjustly sentenced -- was just pretty matter-of-fact that, in the eyes of the law, they were one and the same.

For me, it was a ministry. Got into it, because my BF was also doing that. At the time, he was also in a FT volunteer position in a chaplain's office at a local state prison.

I didn't condone what the inmate did; we probably only briefly discussed it once, when he thought he should tell me about it.

Had said he turned around his life, and was a Christian. Just tried to support him in his walk.

At one point, he began giving relationship/sexual advice to me regarding my BF (who has now been my DH for 25 yrs), when it came up that we were abstinent. (I shouldn't have even gotten into that conversation. Don't remember how I allowed myself to respond to whatever questions he'd asked.)

I quickly back-tracked and told him that I wasn't willing to discuss that, and he didn't bring it up again.

Otherwise, he was usually very polite, and inteliigent. Used words in his vocabularly that were familiar to me, but, that I would never use. His first name was James.

~ Faith
Began receiving SSDI 11/2008
FaithS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote