View Single Post
Old 09-04-2009, 01:46 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Also- might want to see a cardiologist

You might have a couple of things going on...

I'm going to address the blacking out stuff.

I've had three major head injuries in the last two years due to blacking out (fainting). FINALLY after breaking 9 bones in my face last December, my PCP sent me to a cardiologist.

After wearing a four week heart monitor, I found out that I have tackycardia. It's a condition where your heart races for no apparent reason and then goes back to normal very quickly. In my wildest imagination I would have never thought this to be a problem because my blood pressure has always been really low. I always thought low blood pressure = good heart.

The tackycarida is what's causing the fainting. I could be just walking around in my house and then all the sudden BAM- I'm starting to black out. I have almost always been able to sit down quickly before this happens. My heart goes back to normal pretty quickly and then I'm fine.

While wearing the heart monitor, I found out that my heart would race to 180 + while I was just sitting on the couch, and then go back to normal within a minute or two.

I get the tingly hands and feet and certainly the blacking out with this condition. I'm 49 and it took all this time to figure out my problem. Talk to your PCP about maybe getting in to seeing a cardiologist.

I hope this helps!

Lori

~ Groucho Marx

RisibleGirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (09-07-2009), Enigmatise_1981 (09-04-2009), Hockey (09-04-2009), mrsD (09-04-2009), pearl girl (09-04-2009)