View Single Post
Old 09-04-2009, 02:57 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

he did say he sees this more frequently in folks who have autoimmune stuff, and cant explain why. Lupus, Lyme, parkinson, Arthritis and so on, not just MS. its just one corner of the intestine that comes unhooked, and can fold over on itself. Normally when this happens, you get very constipated, and wont pass much if any gas from below. Gassy burps are normal and leaning to the left to make your guts stretch usually helps the pain. I am ALWAYS constipated, and he said this may answer one of those questions for me. The Large intestine is supposed to pull water out of the stool, after the small intestine puts it in. If this thing is floppy and not doing its job, it may be over reactive, and pulling out too much water.

I did ask about the tummy shots, and he said its not an issue. the C is a fat based drug, and I am not shooting the upper section anyway. If it was a muscle, or upper shot, he would have second thoughts, but since its fat, and low, dont change what I am doing.

He said he is convinced that I will reach a point of "help me" and then he will end up removing the unhinged peice of intestine. I asked why he couldnt just tack it up in place, and he said normally once its been unhinged for so long, its no longer doing its job anyway, and can even die or become infected. He said he believes that I will make the right choice when the time comes. Till then he is around. I was happy with his answers, and his ability to explain his answers.

Just what I needed! another rare thing in my life. He said to have that peice of intestine removed, I would poop more often and it would have a softer consistancy. I said as long as I dont go to the other side of the scale, and have diarrhea and need depends. I hate being sick!

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dmplaura (09-07-2009), Lady (09-04-2009), SallyC (09-04-2009)