View Single Post
Old 09-05-2009, 11:18 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I bet that was my sister calling you! She will make you screen your calls!

You did the right thing. YOU must always come first. Clearly this woman has not been taking financial care of herself for a very long time, and isnt about to start now. PLEASE dont loan her money. As a matter of fact, NEVER loan anyone money. Always GIFT it. If it comes back, thats wonderful, but if not, there will not be shredded friendships, and or broken bridges to much loved friends.

next time she calls tell her "i hate that you are in this situation." let her vent and again Im sorry that you have found yourself in this situation" DONT say "i wish I could help, or if I was in a better spot...she will view this as an open door in which to insert comments about co signers, or a personal loan, or just use you as a crying spot for each bad choice she makes. Its NOT selfish to put yourself first, and say "im sorry you are in that situation. let me know how you make out." Let her know there are a TON of buy here, pay here type places in every city. You pay for the car on a weekly basis through their dealership and they specialize in folks that have a credit score below 650. Most folks can easily get a loan through them, as its a secured loan. if she misses a payment, they will come get the car.

Dont beat yourself up. You have made some good decisions in your life, and are working hard to keep your own head above water. A true friend wouldnt ask you to go under with them. A true friend would call to ask how you are, and may talk about a hard situation they are in, but not expect you to fix it for them. If she keeps calling your house, you may have to say "i am not willing to help you. I do hope you find a solution, but it cant be me." If she is anything like my sister, trust me, she will move on to someone else that will be willing to open that pocket book.

You are a good person. It doesnt make you a bad person that you cannot repair all of the damage she created in her own life. only she can fix what she broke. Hang in there. you did the right thing.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ewizabeth (09-05-2009), gonnamakeit (09-05-2009), Jappy (09-06-2009), Kitty (09-05-2009)