View Single Post
Old 09-05-2009, 03:51 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default the healing process

I have recently had a bad bout of luck, in the last year I have had three concussions...each worse with time and post concussion symptoms. The first lasted for about a week, while the second took about three months to fully recover. However, the last concussion that i have had was about four months ago and has drastically altered my life.

Prior to the last concussion i was in college, in good academic standing, and was in the best physical shape of my life. Since the last head injury i have had to take a semester off and can no longer workout. My frustrations are how long will it take for me to fully recover this time?!?

Currently my symptoms vary on scale:
Migraines
Dizziness
Really odd mood swings from major depression to manic episodes (never had these until after the concussion)
personality irregularities
Loss of Concentration and cognitive skills
Nausesness
etc..

Compared to Four months ago my symptoms have dissipated, but the psychological side effects seem to be worsening

I understand that the majority of threads in this forum ask the same redundant questions, however, I am wondering when will it be ok for me to return to school and exercise. Also, what type of basic things can i do to get better faster.
margot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote