View Single Post
Old 01-05-2007, 05:30 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Question Mrs D. I have a Magnesium Question!

So I was reading Mel's thread about Alan's friskiness, oh, I mean his restless leg syndrome and the magnesium you were suggesting. All the things you were suggesting he get his magnesium from I'm allergic to! Almonds and eggs! Milk and milk products give me diahreah.

I take my PN meds in the am and pm, (Topamax) and my depression meds (Paxil) at night, then I take Vitamin B-12, B-1, B-2, C (1,000 mg) Multi vitamin, and Vitamin D. I eat almost nothing but vegetables, fruits, chicken, fish and some oils, ( I try to sneak in a piece of bread or two a day) and if I put in anything else, I get the worst stomache ache, diahreah, and then my PN kicks in and I'm down for the day. As long as I stick to veggies and meats, no cheese, milk, eggs, or questionalbe foods, I'm o.k. Even if I get too much "dark green veggies" I have to "run" to the bathroom! I try to get a few bites of chocolate in sometimes, but I have to be sure I'm going to be close to the bathroom just in case it hits me too hard.

How can I get the magnesium you are suggesting without it going "straight through me"? (Oh, by the way, I've lost about 15 pounds in the last three months because of this PN!) Believe me, I've got it to lose. I started at 220 pounds. When I get down to 140, then I'll worry. I'm 5'7".

Thanks Mrs. D!
SeamsLikeStitches is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote