View Single Post
Old 01-05-2007, 05:55 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Tenalouise, this isn't on point, but you got me thinking!

Ill or not, how we are using our brain is what’s important. What are we thinking about as we go through our day? Are they circular thoughts, observations, planning our activities or physical movements? Conversations with ourselves or with imaginary others?

How do we occupy our brain? As in, how do we keep it occupied, and how do we reside in our brains: comfortably? anxiously?

I noticed that I wasn’t happy with how I was using my brain recently. Much of my brain activity was planning and accomplishing trivial tasks, and applauding myself for my accuracy or cleverness, or my ability to overcome obstacles.

I started reading a novel. One told in first person, with humor. I realized today that I’ve been thinking differently. As if I’m writing my own novel being told in first person.

The good part about this is that I’m observing the outside world more and describing people, animals, nature, things, activities I see. With humor and some insight. It’s fun. I’m happier.

Last night, instead of watching tv, I turned on the digital tv music station with big band music, and read my novel.

I’m going to start writing again. I used to write daily, to a friend for over two years, a professional writer. I used to surprise myself with what I came up with, after staring at the blank screen for awhile. I miss it. I’ve been told I have great story sense, and I choose to believe it.

How do you occupy your brain?

~Zucchini
ZucchiniFlower is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote