View Single Post
Old 09-05-2009, 07:14 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart Hi Kendra!

Hey hon! I wear the bracelet and also keep a list with all of my info on it..just in case.

I keep one on me @ all times and have one @ home as well. I also have a copy @ the hosp and update my PCP or neuro if there are any changes in meds - for any reason!

Hope this helps!

LOve,
Erin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog lover View Post
YES, I don't even have a PCP at this point really. I am newly diagnosed and have been thinking I need to start looking for one. I've had a wonderful PCP for years and years but she works at Kansas University Hospital and has really gotten into the research end of things and is only seeing patients one day a week now. It takes weeks to get scheduled with her and with MG I don't think that is a safe option anymore. I have wondered how important a PCP is at times considering I have a slew of other Drs including Hematologist, Dermatologist for previous malignant melanoma, Gynocologist and now 2 Nueros and an optho. It sounds like from what I've seen others post it is important to have a good PCP though. Do those of you that have MG only see your PCP for nonrelated MG things like viruses or infections and do you feel it is best to start with them instead of our Neuros when we are sick? I am so confused right now about what is MG related and what isn't and am terrified of being given something that those of us with MG shouldn't have. I have read the lists over several times but probably need to print it off and carry it with me all the time. One other question. Do any of you wear a Medical ID bracelet in case of any emergency where you were hurt or unable to speak? I'm thinking I should get one just to be safe. Soooo much to learn but I am so thankful for the knowledge of everyone here. It has truly helped.
Kendra